Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Softly and tenderly

Softly and Tenderly by Sara Evans with Rachel Hauck
This book follows Jade as she wades through some of life's toughest issues. She says she feels like she's in the middle of a soap opera and I would have to agree. Some parts of the story and it's characters certainly weren't as believable as they could've been. "Jade begins to question everything she thought she knew about family, love, and motherhood", but in the end she "begins to see a future that doesn't rest on the power of her past, but in the goodness of God's tender mercies."
This book had an interesting story line that kept me guessing about what would happen next. However, I feel it focused too much on the negative and the bad things that happened and not enough on how God could be glorified through all that went on. I also feel like the story left me hanging - I finished the last chapter and was really wondering why the story was over right then. It was like my book was without the last two chapters! I appreciate the points made about forgiveness - there was forgiveness on many fronts in this book - and I think it makes you evaluate your own life to see if you, too, have secrets that need to be shared.
This book was provided free of charge from Thomas Nelson. All opinions expressed are solely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment