Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cliques,Hicks and ugly Sticks By K.D. McCrite

Drama, Drama, Drama.
We've been there... and done that, I'm sure.
Well, at least I did. You know, back in junior high and all.
But sometimes it's fun to read a good book with a bit of drama.
That's just what I was able to do when I read
Cliques, Hicks and Ugly Sticks
Confessions of April Grace.
Aside from the fact that I really like the name April Grace, and I really like the cover ar
I love the story (cause I'm really a country girl at heart y'all.)
April Grace is pretty much enlisted by her mother to help
stage the church play. The only thing is, April Grace has to spend much of her entire fall on this project.
That, and she is expected to spend that time with Isabel and Myra Sue
AKA- "A+ drama queens."
Myra Sue is April Grace's sister (older sister that is.)
So, it inevitably makes her "dumb," didn't you know?
When everything is going so well (get the sarcasm) April Graces learns that she is
no longer the baby in the family.
I mean really, what more can happen?
{REVIEW}
I really like this confession from April Grace...
On Doing Algebra Homework:
"I have to say, my friend and I would probably have had more fun if we'd had
our teeth extracted by the dog dentist."
I laughed so hard when I read this! I'm terrible at Algebra and find it the least bit interesting.
I really like the fun headers and transition pages for the chapters.
The book would be a great gift for a pre-teen and some teenagers.
If you are interested in buying the book, Amazon.com has it available.

No comments:

Post a Comment